Saturday, October 8, 2011

Obesession: Sebastian Suave

sebastian5
Forget about River Viiperi, it's all about Soul model, and currently one of my favs, Sebastian Suave. The American born, English raised 24 year old is one hot commodity in the fashion industry after having walked the runways for Versace, Calvin Klein, John Galliano, and Givenchy shows in Milan and Paris. From an old interview with NY Mag, you could obvi tell he has one hell of a humor. Excerpts from the interview with James Lim include:

What were some of the criticisms you heard when you first started modeling?
That I was too tall. I'm six-foot-three. Also, I've been told my real-life face is shit, but my camera face is really good. Apparently, people need to see me through a lens to see I'm a model. That was an issue as well, because no one had any proof I could model by just looking at me.

Tell us something random and totally weird.
I have four nipples. [Laughs.] Actually, that's not true. But I have 24 hairs around my four nipples and one of them is two-and-a-half inches long.

Do you think male models have more of a sense of humor about the industry, in comparison to their female counterparts?
We're laid-back. Also, I started when I was 22, so I had already developed as a person and had a life. Once, I met a 14-year-old girl who started when she was 12; someone hiked up a mountain, found her, gave her parents 100 quid, and told them they'd make her a star. When I tried to talk to her about normal things, she didn't have any interests or a favorite subject in school; she was so vacant. A lot of these female models get told what to say in interviews — it's like a beauty pageant for them. I also think male models recognize that our career can end at any point in time, any second. It's important to have fun because our jobs can get pretty stressful.

sebastianviviid

You're about to be stranded on an island and you're allowed to bring one person and one thing. What would you bring?
I'd probably go for Will Ferrell as Buddy in Elf, because he would entertain me forever. And I'd bring my hacky sack with me; it's good pastime activity.

What's your diet and fitness routine like?
I'm not a very good example of the typical model diet. I eat as often as possible, and I eat pretty much everything. I actually carry sandwich bags around with me for when I'm hungry. On my flight over to New York, I asked for extra meals, so I ate three total. I do eat a lot of greens, though. When I was younger, my mom was very forceful about "finishing your peas before you leave the table." Fitness-wise, I don't do much. I've always had a job, though, and that's almost like a workout. Even now I still work at a bar just for the sake of it.

What's your favorite and least favorite feature about yourself?
I enjoy being tall because I can see forever. And when I'm at a concert everyone else is sweating their tits off, while I have a nice, cool breeze in my face. Least favorite is also being tall, because you get back problems.

sebastian6

Guilty pleasure?
Pick my nose? Sleeping all day? Scratch my nuts? Everyone does it.

So, do you have any male-model beauty secrets?
No, none. But everyone thinks I pluck my eyebrows, when I don’t.


Photos from The Fashionisto. Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment