Saturday, October 1, 2011

Toms Shoes: Blake Mycoskie

tomsvogue06
A few months ago I saw some publicity for a lecture with Blake Mycoskie, Chief Shoe Giver and founder of TOMS shoes at the Arlington Theater and I was incredibly lucky to attend for free. I love my TOMS, but I love the mission behind the brand even more; one for one. Getting to meet and listen to Blake first hand was unbelievable, he's extremely smart, laid back, well spoken and inspiring in so many ways. He basically gave a lecture to a full house talking about entrepreneurial success and how to achieve it in this day and age. It was fascinating hearing him talk about how TOMS started with only 200 shoes, and how he got calls from Anna Wintour and David Lauren (Ralph Lauren's youngest son).

One of the main things I got from his lecture was how important it is to give back, whether or not you plan on starting your own business or running one already. That giving adds on to happiness and that kids my age shouldn't chase the money but chase and live their dreams. It was so good that I ended up buying his book, which is also part of the one for one program! With every book purchased, a child in need was provided wit ha needed textbook in school. Now TOMS is moving forward with a new product, eye wear. Check out the video below. At the end of the event, I was lucky enough to have the man sign my new book himself! I also wanted to know that he's overwhelmingly easy on the eyes. swoon


IMG_0703

No comments:

Post a Comment